Policies and reimbursements
The Leukaemia Foundation aims to provide its accommodation units at no cost to patients and families. This is achieved through the government subsidy scheme where available and the generosity of the community through donations.
We can assist patients in completing a government/DVA/private health fund travel and accommodation subsidy form, which then fully refunds the Leukaemia Foundation directly, any accommodation fees charged to the family.
This process varies between states, so please call 1800 555 021 for more information on your state’s policy.
In the event that there is no available Leukaemia Foundation accommodation, we may be able to assist you in locating alternative external commercial accommodation and can provide some subsidy for these costs.
Each state has a financial assistance scheme that provides subsidies towards the cost of transport and accommodation for people who have to travel to receive medical treatment. Find out more about the scheme, your eligibility and how to apply in your state:
- ACT – Interstate Patient Travel Assistance Scheme (IPTAS)
- NSW – Isolated Patients Travel and Accommodation Assistance Scheme (IPTAAS)
- NT – Patient Assisted Travel Scheme (PATS)
- QLD – Patient Travel Subsidy Scheme (PTSS)
- SA – Patient Assistance transport Scheme
- TAS – Patient Travel Assistance Scheme (PTAS)
- VIC – Victorian Patient Transport Assistance Scheme (VPTAS)
- WA – Patient Assisted Travel Scheme (PATS)