The Leukaemia Foundation supports medical research that drives rapid advancements in treatments, encourages the careers of promising scientists, discovers new diagnostics and novel therapies, and gives Australians access to global clinical trials.
Our overarching aim is to fund high-impact research by concentrating our resources on projects with broad potential for all people living with blood cancer.
We have turned our attention to investment in innovation – in diagnosis, treatments and improving quality of life across the blood cancer spectrum.
By forging new, strong research partnerships with leading research agencies, including HSANZ, Cancer Australia, the Centre for Blood Transplant and Cell Therapy’s Centre of Research Excellence, the Leukaemia Foundation’s research program is empowered to have an impact that is exponential.
Our research priorities
- Understanding the biology of blood cancers
- Precision medicine – investing in new, tailor-made therapies to treat each patient’s cancer
- New diagnostics
- Novel (new) therapies
- Psychosocial aspects of cancer
- Innovative clinical trials and/or incorporation of real world data
- Prevention research including investigating risk factors and possible causes of blood cancers