Small Gifts, Big Impact!
Join the movement to stop blood cancer wrecking lives.
Every day, another 53 Australians are diagnosed with blood cancer, joining more than 135,000 people already living with this disease.
A blood cancer diagnosis can stop life in its tracks. Treatment often needs to begin immediately – sometimes far from home, friends, and family.
In this scary time, your business can help.
By encouraging employees to give a small gift directly through payroll every pay cycle, your business will make an incredible impact on the lives of people facing blood cancer and their families as they navigate their diagnosis.
You’ll help the Leukaemia Foundation provide expert support to understand their blood cancer and make sure they have the resources to focus on getting well.
You’ll also fund leading edge research and campaign for change to reach the ultimate goal of zero lives lost to blood cancer by 2035.
Every small gift made will have a big impact for Australians facing blood cancer now and in the future.
How does workplace giving work?
Workplace giving is an amazing way to make a big impact with a small gift every pay cycle.
Employees simply donate a nominated amount of their pre-tax salary to the Leukaemia Foundation and receive the tax benefit straightaway, rather than waiting until the end of the financial year.
*Example for an annual income of $37,001-$87,000, the above rate does not include the Medicare Levy of 2%. Exact figures are dependent on individual’s financial circumstances. Please seek independent tax advice for formal guidelines.
Stop blood cancer wrecking lives.
Blood cancer does not discriminate, and a range of things affect someone’s chances of surviving and it can be incurable.
Blood cancers are Australia’s second most diagnosed cancer and the second most common cause of cancer related deaths.
Sadly, another 53 Australians will be diagnosed with a blood cancer today and another 16 Australians will lose their life.
When life is interrupted by a devastating blood cancer diagnosis, your donations go directly toward funding:
- Expert support, including accommodation near most major hospitals, help getting to and from appointments and access to the Leukaemia Foundation’s highly trained Blood Cancer Support Coordinators, who offer emotional support to patients and their loved ones.
- Leading-edge research driving rapid advancements in blood cancer treatments, diagnostics, novel therapies and helps give Australians access to global clinical trials.
- Campaigning for change – the Leukaemia Foundation advocates for better policies, better access to new and innovative treatments, better diagnostics and, ultimately, better outcomes so that more people live through blood cancer and live well.
“The Leukaemia Foundation is one of AMP’s favourite workplace giving charities. Staff love being able to so easily support such a great cause. Also, with AMP Foundation dollar-matching, they know that their impact is doubled!”
– Renee Eaton, Volunteering Program Manager, AMP Foundation
Here’s what your collective donation can achieve over 12 months:
$1 a week ensures that a Blood Cancer Support Coordinator is by the side of a newly diagnosed patient to help navigate those first scary moments.
$6.50 a week enables genetic testing to better understand the underlying cause of the blood cancer a patient is facing so they have the best chance of survival. This kind of test saves lives.
$50 a week covers one month of accommodation for families facing a blood cancer diagnosis who live far away from life-saving treatment
- Immediate tax benefit
- It’s a pre-tax donation so the tax refund is immediate – employees don’t wait until the end of the financial year.
- It’s automated
- Once employees have signed up, they don’t need to do anything. All the record-keeping is taken care of.
- It’s simple
- Employees sign up to your workplace giving program, select the Leukaemia Foundation as the recipient and nominate the amount you want to donate each pay
- Making staff gifts even more powerful
- If you have a matched giving program, this will double your employees’ impact to help Australians impacted by blood cancer at every step of the way.
Start supporting Australians facing blood cancer in three easy steps!
1. Encourage your employees to sign up to your workplace giving program
2. Select the Leukaemia Foundation as the recipient
3. Download and share our workplace giving resources to help promote and support your program.
Want to find out more?
For more information or to connect with one of our Business Partnerships Managers, please contact:
Phone: 1800 620 420
We’re looking forward to helping you with all of your workplace giving needs!