Principles of Working with the Pharmaceutical Industry
The Leukaemia Foundation is proud to work with a variety of funders, all with the goal to improve the quality of life of people living with blood cancers and our goal of zero lives lost to blood cancer by 2035. This includes many pharmaceutical companies that play the crucial role of developing and making available new treatments for blood cancers.
We recognise the value that medicines bring to patients and to avoid conflicts of interest, the Leukaemia Foundation follows guiding principles with regards to interactions with the pharmaceutical industry:
- We will always put the best interests of people living with blood cancers first.
- The Leukaemia Foundation welcomes the opportunity to partner with pharmaceutical companies, with honesty, transparency and accountability which forms the basis of good relationships.
- We will be transparent about the relationships with pharmaceutical companies to all stakeholders and list all partners and supporters on our website.
- We believe that patients should be informed about all potential treatment options, but we do not endorse any specific medicine or treatment.
- The Leukaemia Foundation will accept funding from pharmaceutical companies provided that there is an agreement about the nature of the funding and that the Leukaemia Foundation owns any and all intellectual property. There is no direct or indirect influence of any content or communications as a result of the funding.