Connecting Carers Support Group
When?15 April 2021, 11am-12:30pm AEST
Where?Online – via Webex link
Adapting to Change
Accepting the things we cannot change and making a commitment to focusing helpful thoughts in the here and now’. Carers often experience many challenges, in many domains of life. Carer’s lives are turned upside down, quite often taking on different roles at a time when life is consumed with uncertainty. In this group, we will discuss these challenges with the aim of enabling participants to feel heard and less alone in the caring role. We will also explore ways to deal with overwhelming thoughts and fears & share practical ways to gain some control of stressful situations.
All groups are 100% confidential and free of charge. Groups will be limited to 15 people to give everyone an opportunity to listen and be heard.
To participate you:
- Need to be 18 years or older and be the carer or support person of someone with a blood cancer diagnosis
- Will abide by the principles of privacy, confidentiality and respect
- Will need a PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone with an internet connection
- Participants joining from an iPhone/android phone/iPad, should download the webex app prior to the group session
What you need to know:
- Registration is essential
- Times are quoted in both Australia Eastern Standard Time (AEST) and Australian Daylight Savings Time (AEDT) – ensure you check whether your state uses standard time or daylight savings
- Please check your junk or spam folders if you don’t receive a confirmation email of your registration.
Download the Webex app for your phone or tablet here:
We hope you can join us soon.