Sex, intimacy and blood cancer: the great taboo
When?29 November 2021, 11:30am-1:00pm AEDT (check time zone for your region)
The impact of blood cancer on sex and intimacy is not always talked about openly and honestly. It is a topic both people living with blood cancer and health professionals find difficult to discuss. However, the challenges arising from diagnosis and treatment can change how you look, think and feel about yourself and those around you, no matter how long you have been living with blood cancer or what stage of life you are.
You are invited to this live webinar to open the conversation on sexual health & intimacy while living with blood cancer.
In this webinar, our guest speaker Dr Amanda Hordern will be covering:
- What do we mean by sexuality and intimacy?
- The effects of the natural aging process
- The impact of blood cancer and treatments both physical and psychological
- Communication with those around us, including family, friends and health care professionals
- Practical strategies to assist you
We will also have a person living with blood cancer sharing her personal experience of navigating her sexuality and health after diagnosis.
There will be an opportunity for participants to ask questions during the webinar. You can also submit questions before the webinar by emailing email@example.com.
We hope you can join us for this thought provoking and highly relevant webinar.
- 11:00am-12:30pm (SA)
- 10:00am-11:30am (NT)
- 10:30am-12:00pm (QLD)
To participate you:
- Will abide by the principles of privacy, confidentiality & respect
- Will need a PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone with an internet connection
- Should check your junk or spam folders if you don’t receive a confirmation email of your registration.