Building of Hope (Melbourne)
The Leukaemia Foundation has accommodation available in Melbourne, designed as a ‘home away from home’ for patients, carers and their families who have to temporarily relocate from regional and rural areas for specialist treatment.
Building of Hope Accommodation Centre
The 15 apartments in our new Building of Hope, located across the road from the new Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre and close to Melbourne’s major treating hospitals, was completed in mid-2016. This accommodation is specifically designed for blood cancer patients undergoing treatment and their families.
- Hygienic environment to reduce the risk of infection.
- Additional emotional support from the Leukaemia Foundation’s support staff, who have nursing and allied health backgrounds.
- Ideal location close to major treating centres.
- Fully furnished, self-contained apartments.
- Additional onsite facilities.
- Patient transport hub.