Young Adults (20-40) Online Blood Cancer Support Group
When?12 May 2021, 7.00-8.30pm AEST
Where?Online – via Webex link
Topic: Discussing the support needs of young adults living with blood cancer
We know young adults have unique needs and challenges living with blood cancer at this time in their lives. Hence, we are trialing this online group to identify whether a forum to chat with other young adults living with blood cancer would be of benefit. Please join us to share your experience, exchange information and learn healthy coping strategies in a supportive space. This group will be facilitated by Leukaemia Foundation Blood Cancer Support Coordinators.
Times are quoted in AEST (QLD, NSW, VIC, ACT, TAS). For WA, SA, NT, please check your timezone for correct start time.
To participate you:
- Need to be between the ages of 20-40, diagnosed with a blood cancer OR a carer between the ages of 20-40 who is supporting a 20-40 year old diagnosed with a blood cancer
- Will abide by the principles of privacy, confidentiality & respect
- Will need a PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone with an internet connection
- Participants joining from an iPhone/android phone/iPad, should download the webex app prior to the group session
What you need to know:
- Registration is essential
- Times are quoted in both Australia Eastern Standard Time (AEST) and Australian Daylight Savings Time (AEDT) – ensure you check whether your state uses standard time or daylight savings
- Please check your junk or spam folders if you don’t receive a confirmation email of your registration.
Download the Webex app for your phone or tablet here:
We hope you can join us soon.