5-Session Bereavement Support Group
When?2 May 2023, 11am-1pm (NSW / VIC / ACT / TAS / QLD)
Where?Online via Zoom
Dates: Tuesday 2 May / 9 May / 16 May / 23 May / 20 June 2023
Times: 11am-1pm (NSW / ACT / VIC / TAS / QLD), 10:30am-12:30pm (SA / NT), 9am-11am (WA)
This series of 5 support groups that are carefully designed to allow you to share with others experiencing bereavement in a safe, supported environment. Join others on the road to restoring your sense of self and the possibility of reconnecting with the world around you.
The content of these sessions is particularly relevant for those who have been bereaved by blood cancer in the last 3 years.
Each week the group will explore a different aspect of loss and grief.
- Sharing your story – Meet others who understand what it feels like to be alone in grief
- The impact of loss – Explore the maze of personal & practical impacts of loss
- Theories of grief – Learn about the theories of grief & what this looks like in daily life
- Restoring meaning – Reconnect with yourself and the world & restore meaning in life
- Time to reconnect – Exploring your long-term support needs
To participate, you will need:
- Computer / laptop & internet connection
- Pen & paper
- Sense of openness and willingness to share
- To note, meetings close 15 minutes after commencement time. After this time, you will be unable to join.
If you have any questions about this group, please email firstname.lastname@example.org