Policy and Advocacy Manager – Blood Cancer Partnerships
- Do you want to lead discussion on patient’s needs?
- Be part of shaping public policy for blood cancer patients
- Mobilise the supply chain to deliver newer treatments effectively and efficiently
The Leukaemia Foundation is on an exciting transformation journey to deliver greater impact our key stakeholders and the Australian community.
The Blood Cancer Partnerships team focuses primarily on public and market shaping activities for patients to gain access to new and better diagnostics, clinical practices and therapies in a timely manner.
The Leukaemia Foundation wants to lead the discussion on patient’s needs and how the healthcare supply chain can be better mobilised to efficiently provide access to better and newer treatments effectively and efficiently. This role will complement the team’s advocacy efforts by providing insights, evidence and clearly articulate positions on blood cancer related topics.
Snapshot of key responsibilities
- Undertake account management to develop and implement ‘win-win’ market access strategies based on an industry asset portfolio to accelerate the introduction of relevant advances in standard of care for patients
- Researching, analysing and advising on a range of policy/program issues
- Influencing healthcare, economic and/or social policy debates by development of relevant policy positions on important current and future issues
- Contributing to reports, briefings and correspondence by building a centre of expertise for stakeholder mapping, analysis, and trend research that will inform and support the development of effective advocacy strategies
- Effectively represent the Leukaemia Foundation and its priority positions with external parties and public policy institutions when required
- Proactively build collaborative relationships internally and externally which are productive and meaningful
- Highly developed analytical, written and verbal communication skills, including formal presentation techniques
- Demonstrated experience working in complex relationships, whilst having an ability to influence others
- Demonstrated ability to project manage work with competing priorities in a complex environment, often with broad direction
- Deep understanding of global health policy landscape, how it relates to Australia, and our stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in creating win-win advocacy plans which improve patient outcomes
- An ability to source and interpret complex political and other external environment intelligence which drives better outcomes
- An ability to travel domestically and if necessary internationally
- Account management of existing and future networks and relationship building efforts with key stakeholders and decision makers
- Awareness of being an “outsider-inside” and managing the complexity of translating external intelligence into the organization and working to shape internal responses
Submit your application on-line via SEEK by attaching 1 document only containing both these items within:
1. A covering letter with specific evidence and examples of your interest and suitability against the essential requirements
2. Your fully up to date CV/resume
3. Please use the “Apply for this job” (button).
If you would like to find out more about this career opportunity prior to applying, please call Tim Murphy General Manager – Blood Cancer Partnerships M: 0435 969 037 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS Wednesday 11 April 2018
Leukaemia Foundation is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce that continues to reflect the community we support.