Using this website
Localising content on this website
Some of the content available on this website can be set to display for a particular state/territory in Australia. This content includes the lists of accommodation units, education program sessions and treatment centres.
To localise this content to your state/territory, click the Choose state link in the Localise tab at the top-right corner of this website. This will take you to the Localise this website web page; from here you can select a state/territory by clicking either the map or one of the text links.
Once you select a state/territory, this website will 'remember' your selection for up to 30 days, if you ever return to this website for another visit. Note: this feature requires cookies to be turned on in your web browser.
Printing pages from this website (or: where's the 'printer-friendly' link?)
Often it is more convenient to read large amounts of text on paper, rather than the screen. This website automatically adapts the layout of the web pages to appear better on paper if printed. That's why there are no 'printer-friendly' links or icons.
The content and functionality of this website has been developed to be as accessible as possible to people of a broad range of abilities (sensory, motor and cognitive). It has been designed in accordance with W3C-recommended web standards, as well as the Australian Government Guide to Minimum Website Standards. This includes:
- Providing our contact details
- News and organisation information for public accountability
- Metadata (information about website content) to help people find what they are looking for more efficiently
- Using clear consistent navigation and layout
- Alternative messaging to explain images, if images are turned off or otherwise inaccessible
- Page designs that are still accessible with stylesheets turned off
- By accessing or using the Leukaemia Foundation website, you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions of use as they may be modified and posted on our website from time to time.
- We reserve the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any aspect of our website or the content or services available through it, including your access to it. Unless explicitly stated, any new features including new content, and/or the release of new interactive tools or downloadable resources shall be subject to these terms and conditions.
- Unless otherwise specified, the materials published on our website are presented solely for your private, personal and non-commercial use. You assume total responsibility and risk for your use of our website and use of all information contained within it. For more information, see the Disclaimer paragraph below.
- The Leukaemia Foundation makes no representations whatsoever about any other websites that you may access through our website or which may link to our website. When you access any other website you understand that it is independent from the Leukaemia Foundation and that we have no control over the content or availability of that website. In linking to any other website, the Leukaemia Foundation does not endorse or accept any responsibility for the content, or the use of, such a website and shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content, goods or services available on or through any other website or resource. Any concerns regarding any external link should be directed to its website administrator.
- We will try to make our website available and accessible but cannot guarantee that our website will operate continuously or without interruptions or be error-free and can accept no liability for its unavailability. You must not attempt to interfere with the proper working of our website and, in particular, you must not attempt to circumvent security, tamper with, hack into, or otherwise disrupt any computer system, server, website, router or any other internet connected device.
Medical information disclaimer
The Leukaemia Foundation's information about the diseases, treatments and general matters has been written and edited by Leukaemia Foundation support service staff (oncology/haematology nurses), specialist health professionals, clinical haematologists, patients and carers. The Leukaemia Foundation makes every effort to ensure the information provided is as up-to-date and accurate as possible however the Foundation does not accept liability for misinterpreted or incorrect information. It is also not the intension of the Leukaemia Foundation to recommend any particular form of treatment. At all times you need to discuss the information you find on this website, or any other source, with your doctors or health team, given your unique situation and status.