Advocating for better policies
Advocating for better policies for people with blood cancer is an unwavering commitment.
What commitments have we received?
The below lists reflects the response of political parties to our calls for change. We will update this to reflect official responses we receive.
- COALITION (Liberal/National) - Click to download PDF response. Received 1/7/2016
- Andrew Wilke MP (Independent) - "Andrew is happy to support the Leukaemia Foundation’s three initiatives. He’d be more than happy to meet with you or your CEO after the election if you would like to discuss any of these matters further." - Tim Hurd, Legislation and Media Adviser, Office of Andrew Wilkie MP, 30/6/2016.
What are we advocating?
We are stepping up our petitioning of political parties and members of parliament. There are a few key actions that we know - if addressed - will significantly lead to better survival and quality of life for people with leukaemia, lymphoma, myeloma and related blood disorders.
We are advocating key priority areas with three specific actions:
- Continuation of reforms to TGA and PBS to improve access to new medicines for Australians with blood cancers.
- Commitment to ensuring the Clinical Trials Action Group recommendations are implemented in full as soon as possible.
- Accelerating the development of a national e-clinical quality registry for blood cancers.
Find out more
If you would like to learn more about the Leukaemia Foundation's advocacy activities and how you can help, please email us at email@example.com.