Grief and bereavement support group
8 Jul 16, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Chatswood
Has someone close to you died from a blood cancer in the last two years? Having a trained professional from the Leukaemia Foundation guide you through your healing journey can help.
This intimate group of roughly 4 to 10 people aims to provide emotional support and information to people who have experienced the death of someone significant to them in the last two years.
A safe environment will be provided for participants to discuss their experience of grief and have their experience heard and acknowledged. Some areas of exploration may be:
- What is grief?
- What helps and what doesn't?
- Who is the person I lost and what meaning did they have in my life?
- Who am I now that I am without them?
- Does the relationship end with death or does it continue?
- How do I make place in my life for memories, especially around significant times such as anniversaries and celebrations?
Groups will run on alternate Fridays 10 am –12pm for 5 sessions on the following dates:
July 8th and 22nd, August 5th and 19th, September 2nd (Attendance to all 5 sessions is essential).
Please join us for this support group if you think it will be of benefit to you.
Morning tea provided.
To join this support group, please contact:
Donita Menon (Wednesday, Thursday and Friday) Grief and Bereavement Coordinator, via email or phone (02) 9902 2205.