Facilities Officer - Brisbane
- Would you like to work for one of Australia’s most successful NFP’s?
- Do you have previous experience in building operations and maintenance?
- Would you like to be part of a committed and friendly team located in Brisbane?
The Leukaemia Foundation is a leading charity dedicated to the care and cure of young people with blood cancers. We are currently seeking a motivated and confident person to assist our Manager for Patient Accommodation with the completion of multiple functions of building operations and maintenance of our properties, plant and equipment.
About the Role
This temporary nine (9) month Full Time position has lots of variety, directly supporting our Manager for Patient Accommodation with the on-going Foundation Asset facility responsibilities including short term projects for the Foundation. In addition the person will be overseeing and coordinating general maintenance or repair work assignments performed by technicians, vendors, and contractors performing building, plant and equipment maintenance, landscaping, janitorial work or other service providers. This position will also coordinate some Workplace Health and Safety activities ensuring appropriate risk assessments are undertaken for all events.
About You (Essential Requirements)
Our ideal candidate needs to be a self-starter and proactive with a high work ethic and will have a full unrestricted driver’s licence and at least four (4) years previous experience in a similar role or related progressive experience and / or training, and a strong appreciation of workplace safety. To be successful in the role they need to be a team player with a positive, friendly and flexible approach.
Other key desirables include:
- a Bachelor’s degree in Facilities Management, Facilities Engineering or related qualification such as project management, business management or construction management
- a working knowledge of principles and practices of project management; business administration; finances; and human resource management
- a working knowledge of procurement and contracts
- a Certificate IV in health, safety and environmental regulations
- experience in construction, maintenance and all facets of facility operation
- supervisory experience
- a current Fire Safety Advisor certification
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining a caring, friendly and committed team, please submit your application addressing all essential criteria by 12 May 2017 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please note only applicants with the right to work in Australia and those with a cover letter will be considered).
The Position Description and other information is available below and further information can be obtained by contacting: Chris Leon on (07) 3318 4438
The Leukaemia Foundation is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity Employer