Blood Cancer Support Coordinator - Canberra
- Do you have experience in haematology / oncology nursing or allied health and are passionate about cancer patient support?
- Wanting a change and to join a caring and supportive team?
- Permanent Part Time – thirty (30) hours per week – twelve (12) month contract
The Leukaemia Foundation is the only national not-for-profit organisation dedicated to the care and cure of patients and families living with leukaemia, lymphoma, myeloma and related blood disorders.
We are currently seeking a motivated and experienced person to provide information, practical and emotional support to patients, carers and families in Canberra.
- Tertiary Qualifications in Nursing or Allied Health/Science – post graduate qualifications will be well regarded
- Proven ability to develop and maintain positive professional networks, as well as extensive networks in the cancer setting
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills including experience in public speaking to a variety of audiences
- Ability to provide information, education, practical assistance (transport, accommodation and financial) and emotional support to people affected by blood cancer, their carers and families
- Ability to liaise with healthcare professionals, government departments and other not-for-profit organisations to promote the Leukaemia Foundation services and activities
- Participation in national projects and initiatives including fundraising activities
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member
- Proven ability to organise, manage and prioritise multiple tasks
- Positive, flexible and friendly approach
- Sound computer skills in Microsoft Office suite including Word and Excel, databases and a sound knowledge of internet practice
- Current driver’s licence
If you are interested in joining a caring, friendly and committed team, please submit your application addressing all essential criteria by 25 January 2017 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please note only applications with the right to work in Australia and those with a cover letter will be considered)
Position descriptions and other information is available below and further information can be obtained by contacting Chris McMillan on (02) 9902 2222.
The Leukaemia Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from groups under-represented in the workforce.
Learn more about our Reconciliation Action Plan on our website