Blood Cancer Support Coordinator - Balcatta
- Are you passionate about cancer patient support?
- Wanting a change and to join a caring and supportive team ?
- Seeking a part time role (37.5 hours per fortnight) with competitive salary package and motor vehicle allowance – six (6) month contract initially
The Leukaemia Foundation is the only national not for profit organisation dedicated to the care and cure of patients and families living with leukaemia, lymphoma, myeloma and related blood disorders.
We are currently seeking a motivated and experienced person to provide information, practical and emotional support to patients, carers and families in the Balcatta, initially on a six (6) month contract.
- Tertiary Qualifications in Nursing, Social Work, Behavioural Sciences, Allied health, Paediatrics or related discipline. Post Graduate qualifications would be well regarded
- Proven ability to develop and maintain positive professional networks, as well as extensive networks in the cancer setting.
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills including experience in public speaking to a variety of audiences
- Experience or demonstrated ability to learn about the issues faced by people affected by leukaemia, lymphoma, myeloma or other related disorders
- Experience in managing the development, delivery and evaluation of support services to patient, carer and family or ability to learn
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member
- Proven ability to organise, manage and prioritise multiple tasks
- Sound computer and database literacy
- Current driver’s licence and have available a fully insured vehicle in good working order for utilisation in the role
- Genuine desire to work within the NFP sector
If you are interested in joining a caring, supportive and flexible team environment, please make application by providing a cover letter outlining how your skills and experience match the essential requirements above and a copy of your CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 November 2016. (Please note only applications with the right to work in Australia and those with a cover letter will be considered)
Position Description and other information is available below opportunities and further information can be obtained by contacting:- Tanya Harris (Blood Cancer Support Manager) on (08) 6241 1021.
The Leukaemia Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from groups under-represented in the workforce. Learn more about our Reconciliation Action Plan on our website
(We thank you for your interest in the role and our organisation, however only those applicants shortlisted for interview purposes will be contacted)